To maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and tidy environment in all Company facilities, removing debris and providing support to all areas of manufacturing with a secondary focus in the production departments for the purpose of assisting on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, dusting, and cleaning surfaces using cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces (50%)
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum or shampoo carpets (10%)
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms (10%)
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and/or squeegees (3%)
- Clean and polish furniture, fixtures, walls, machines, and equipment (2%)
- Strip, seal, finish, polish, or paint floors (1%)
- Identify and fix light repairs (2%)
- Identify and report major repairs to maintenance (2%)
- Maintain cleaning supply inventory/request product from purchasing (1%)
- Assemble lumber products to fulfill customer requests (3%)
- Building pallets for CE production (9%)
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or using lift trucks (1%)
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and check electrical appliance use to ensure hazards are not created. (2%)
- Remove snow from sidewalks and parking areas using snow shovels and spreading snow melting chemicals (1%)
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation (1%)
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as meetings and banquets. (2%)
- To work safely following legislated and Bedford Technology safety rules and practices.
- Ensure that the Policies and Procedures of the company are followed.
- Reliable transportation to travel between Armour Road and 27th Street
- Regular attendance and timeliness per Bedford Attendance Policy
- Ensure accurate time-keeping records
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform any other task or work assignment that may be delegated from time to time by the supervisor
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience Janitorial and/or housekeeping and light repair experience preferred
- Ability to obtain valid operator’s license for operating lift trucks
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English to perform essential duties and communicate with managers and supervisors
- Ability to meet physical requirements as outlined in the hiring process
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving your whole body, such as standing, stooping, bending, stair climbing, and handling of materials.
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required.
- Lifting of objects up to 40 lbs.
- Able to perform the necessary mathematical computations for data logs required to perform in essential functions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools for uses, repairs, and light maintenance.
Primarily in a production plant environment with some outside work required. Exposure to hot, dirty, noisy and congested conditions.
Alternatively, to apply via mail
please download this form and send to:
Julie Timmerman, HR
2424 Armour Rd
Worthington, MN 56187